Re: British Telecom ISDN BRI line issues

Yeah sorry for that, I realized something is missing after I sent the email, but it is exactly what I have (other than order here, which doesn't really matter: you posted ami,te,term, I have ami,term,te).
Actually I had couple technicians from digium look at it and they said BT equipements is not responding to the card within a certain range that the card is looking for (i'm not sure what range but I do believe too it's a BT issue), But I have run all the couple command that Patrick suggested (to double check), tested again and still same kind of errors.
But Thank you very much Patrick for the guide, I was looking for that it's been a couple days!!
I just hope someone that has the exact same issue or someone with previous BT experience see this and help :) ..we never know :) !

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Patrick Lists <asterisk-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 09-05-12 19:54, khalid touati wrote:
> Thank you for your answer,  I think I posted dhadi version and so but
> let me add more details and recap them below:
>
> We are using asterisk 1.8.12.0 with dahdi 2.6.0, on CentOS 6.2. it's a
> digium card 1HA8-0400BLF
>
> output of dahdi_hardware: pci:0000:04:08.0     wctdm24xxp+  d161:8008
> HB8-0000
>
> From BT side: it is called by BT a "system access" ISDN2 BRI (per BT NT
> mode and signaling as PTP)
>
> chan_dahdi.conf
>
> ; Span 1: WCBRI/0/0 "HB8-0000" (MASTER) AMI/CCS
> group=1,11
> context= mainmenu
> switchtype = euroisdn
> signalling = bri_cpe
> channel => 1-2
> context = default
> group = 63
>
> ; Span 2: WCBRI/0/1 "HB8-0000" AMI/CCS
> group=1,12
> context=mainmenu
> switchtype = euroisdn
> signalling = bri_cpe
> channel => 4-5
> context = default
> group = 63
>
> ; Span 3: WCBRI/0/2 "HB8-0000" AMI/CCS
> group=1,13
> context=mainmenu
> switchtype = euroisdn
> signalling = bri_cpe
> channel => 7-8
> context = default
> group = 63
>
> ; Span 4: WCBRI/0/3 "HB8-0000" AMI/CCS
> group=1,14
> context=mainmenu
> switchtype = euroisdn
> signalling = bri_cpe
> channel => 10-11
> context = default
> group = 63
>
> the error when placing a call : *Span: 4 TEI=0 MDL-ERROR (J): N(R) error
> in state 7(Multi-frame established)
> *
> Thank you!!

You did not provide system.conf. Do you have something like this (may
have errors, I did not check):

loadzone = uk
defaultzone = uk
span => 1,1,0,ccs,ami,te,term
bchan = 1,2
hardhdlc = 3

span => 2,2,0,ccs,ami,te,term
bchan = 4,5
hardhdlc = 6

span => 3,3,0,ccs,ami,te,term
bchan = 7,8
hardhdlc = 9

span => 4,4,0,ccs,ami,te,term
bchan = 10,11
hardhdlc = 12

Then as root:
modprobe wctdm23xxp

And as root:
dahdi_cfg -vvv

And check if all is well (green leds, happy messages in
/var/log/messages, etc.).

Then in chan_dahdi.conf use something like:

;BRI Module
group = 1
signalling = bri_cpe
context = incoming
channel => 1,2,4,5,7,8,10,11

Your chan_dahdi.conf has "group" and "context" multiple times and that
does not seem right (admittedly it's been ages since I setup a Digium card).

Hope this helps. If not follow the installation manual step for step or
call Digium support.

http://docs.digium.com/H8/hx8_series_manual.pdf

Regards,
Patrick