Re: Same provider - IAX sounds bad, SIP sounds great

Just to stir the pot a bit, I am a member of a worldwide private network of Asterisk and AstLinux users. the network uses IAX exclusively, and we have no issues relating to audio quality with a large variety of providers, routers, host machines, and expertise in configuration of the specific nodes Many ( in the US and Canada ) use a PSTN connection as well as the private network using voip.ms with equally stellar quality using IAX

IAX was chosen as the default network protocol because of the many issues with SIP, routers, and ( later ) the many attempts at break-ins.

As an aside, didn't the manufacture of the Yugo die with the death of Yugoslavia? Most of the Yugo's shortly thereafter? If anyone has one now it may be close to the value of a Delorian

No replies necessary or even desired.

John Novack