Re: sip.conf outboundproxy

John Todd wrote:

> Would it be so difficult to have perhaps two different proxies?  One
> would be for any SIP messages destined for IP addresses that were not
> in any of the "localnet=" lines, and one would be for any SIP messages
> destined for IP addresses that were destined for IP addresses that
> were NOT in the "localnet=" lines.  Of course, leaving them blank
> would mean that a proxy would not be used for one group or the
> other.   This would allow creation of the concept of "outside" and
> "inside" at an administrative level using previously-described network
> definitions in sip.conf.  Plus, it would dis-entangle a lot of the
> logic that one might otherwise have to install on the proxy to reflect
> certain messages back into NATted zones or otherwise complex internal
> structures.

I don't think this is the right distinction; really, you have a list of
'known' hosts that you don't need to go through the proxy to reach, and
you go through the proxy to reach the 'unknown' hosts. And, in Asterisk
1.6.x, you can already set the outboundproxy setting at the general
level and on a per-peer basis. So, for all your phones/internal
servers/etc., just set them to not use the proxy. In fact, this is even
better when one of your 'internal' phones happens to be registered from
a non-'localnet' IP address.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpfleming@xxxxxxxxxx