Re: kernel compiling

El Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 03:41:58PM +0600 Alexei Babich ha dit:

> I wonder how I can compile the kernel having possibility of debugging it.
> It is well known that comfortable debug process require such compilation parameters as "-g -O0".
> But the Makefile contains only "-Os" and "-O2".
> Trying replace -O2 with -O0 I got an error at some stage of building:

the standard way to compile the kernel with debug symbols is selecting
the corresponding option in the kernel configuration:

Kernel hacking  --->
  [*] Kernel debugging
  [*] Compile the kernel with debug info

--
Matthias Kaehlcke
Embedded Linux Engineer

        Representation of the world, like the world itself, is
        the work of men; they describe it from their own point
         of view, which they  confuse with the absolute truth
                          (Simone de Beauvoir)
                                                                 .''`.
    using free software / Debian GNU/Linux | http://debian.org  : :'  :
                                                                `. `'`
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 47D8E5D4                  `-