Re: pxa270 OHCI usb host problem

Zachár Balázs wrote:

> Ben Dooks wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 03:07:58PM +0100, Zachár Balázs wrote:
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> I have a pxa270 based custom board (I don't know to much about the board)
>>>
>>> Originally my board operates as an USB device, but I would like to try it to use as an USB host (I see some success try with other boards on the net)...
>>> I know, the pxa270 have an OHCI controller...
>>>
>>> So I cut down the male connector from my board and solder a female to the right position and rewrite a new board driver (use mainstone.c as base) and boot up... (It looks everything work fine now (mmc
>>> reader, network device, nor flash) except the USB host function)
>> You did get the electrical connections right? USB host needs a different
>> set of resistors and should also have some ESD protection.
>
> I don't know :(
> It is like a black box about this side...
>
> But I measure and I got 4,62V between the right pins.

On this site:
http://www.hardwarebook.info/Universal_Serial_Bus_(USB)
Quote: "Normal operational voltage for functions is minimum 4.75 V."

But I have only 4,62, can it be the problem?

I cross-compiled a lsusb to my board and here is the output:
develboard:~# lsusb -v

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceClass            9 Hub
  bDeviceSubClass         0 Unused
  bDeviceProtocol         0 Full speed (or root) hub
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x1d6b
  idProduct          0x0001
  bcdDevice            2.06
  iManufacturer           3 Linux 2.6.28.7 ohci_hcd
  iProduct                2 PXA27x OHCI
  iSerial                 1 pxa27x
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           25
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xe0
      Self Powered
      Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower                0mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           1
      bInterfaceClass         9 Hub
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 Unused
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 Full speed (or root) hub
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0002  1x 2 bytes
        bInterval             255
Hub Descriptor:
  bLength               9
  bDescriptorType      41
  nNbrPorts             3
  wHubCharacteristic 0x0002
    No power switching (usb 1.0)
    Ganged overcurrent protection
  bPwrOn2PwrGood        4 * 2 milli seconds
  bHubContrCurrent      0 milli Ampere
  DeviceRemovable    0x00
  PortPwrCtrlMask    0xff
 Hub Port Status:
   Port 1: 0000.0301 lowspeed power connect
   Port 2: 0000.0100 power
   Port 3: 0000.0100 power
Device Status:     0x0001
  Self Powered