PXA standby mode with SDRAM suspend (low power refresh)

Has anyone modified (patched) the PXA standby code to put the SDRAM into
self refresh mode, if so is there a patch available?  I want to have a
system go into standby and put the SDRAM into self refresh to save power.
suspend does this but it also shuts down the board so the boot loader must
handle the wake up which is more complex and time consuming than I want.
Regards,
Shane