  From: Rafael Rodríguez Velilla
  To: linux-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 6:10 PM
  Subject: ifconfig

    I'm trying to use ifconfig to change the speed of the link of my
  ethernet interface.
    I have tried with the following:
    ifconfig eth0 media 10baseT

    The command returns without complaining, but the physical speed
  remains at 100MBPs.

    In my system busybox is used to implement ifconfig and I suspect that
  busybox doesn't support the media option.

    I have tried to find out which package contains ifconfig in order to
  compile it for arm but I haven't found it so I would appreciate if
  anyone of you could tell me which package do I need to compile
  "ifconfig" or could send me an ARM version of "ifconfig".

    Maybe the SMSC91C111 physical speed cannot be manipulated with ifconfig.

    Thank you in advance.