Re: Development tree for Cortex-A15?

> Subject: Re: Development tree for Cortex-A15?
>
> On Fri, 4 May 2012 09:44:07 +0100 (BST), Jemma Jones
> <jemmajones81@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  Subject: Re: Development tree for Cortex-A15?

> most
> support?
>>>
>>>  That branch is good enough, if you have a bleeding edge QEMU. Note that
>>>  the VE A15 support in that tree is DT only. I'm working on a v3.4
> based
>>>  one
>>>  at the moment, but that's not completely ready yet.
>>
>>  I'm just a little confused because under arch/arm/mach-vexpress/ there
> is
>>  no A15 tile? On the virtualopensystems.com git (which you quote above)
> you
>>  had to explicitly enable the board and it would show up in the .config
> as
>>  CONFIG_ARCH_VEXPRESS_CA15X4. Is that not the case anymore in your kernel
>>  tree?
>
> No. The ARM tree in general is moving to the device tree, and
> CONFIG_ARCH_VEXPRESS_CA15X4 was always meant as a temporary hack until the
> VE-DT port was mature enough to be used.
>
> As Paweł's DT work has been merged into 3.4, there is strictly no reason
> to keep this hack around, and my recent trees do reflect that fact
> (kvm-arm-v7-ael and kvm-arm-3.4). Christoffer may decide to keep this in
> his tree during a transition period, but CONFIG_ARCH_VEXPRESS_CA15X4 is
> dead as far as I am concerned.
>
> If you're just starting to play with KVM-ARM now, please don't rely on
> the
> A15 board file, it is a dead end.

Any chance you can send me a .config file that works on the kernel in this branch which runs on your A15x1 FastModel?

I'm using the boot-wrapper from http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=arm/models/boot-wrapper.git;a=summary in semi hosting mode.

I managed to boot Android from that but I don't seem to be able to boot your kernel. It just stops after the boot-wrapper says loading uImage.

I'll need some more time to debug it properly and give some more information but it would be useful if I had a working .config to compare mine to.

Cheers.