Re: An extremely simplified pinctrl bindings proposal

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So far the only
> change needed for pinctrl drivers containing no data is that
> we should make the string names optional and structure debugfs
> around the physical register addresses instead. I'm basically
> just setting the mux register physcal address as the pin name
> for now to work around this.

OK please make a patch to do it really optional in the core if
you find the time, it seems like a good change anyway, because
it will make it possible to reduce some current pin name lists
quite easily.

If you need to change the layout of debugfs just do it.

I actually had something like unnamed pins in the early patches
to register a bunch of anonymous pins ranges, so why not bring
it back in.

Thanks,
Linus Walleij