Re: [RFC] ARM: imx: Add imx6q thermal

Hi Rob,

On 11.01.2012 08:18, Robert Lee wrote:
Add thermal support for i.MX6Q.  Uses recently submitted common
cpu_cooling functionality shown here:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-pm/msg26500.html

Have some todo items but basic implementation is done and I'd like to
get any helpful feedback on it.

Todo:
- Add sensor calibration.
- Re-organize code/files if deemed necessary by community.

Just fyi, I had a short discussion with Eric Miao about this. The conclusion was:

The patch itself is OK. It's just lacking some features, but these can be added later. The driver supports thermal reading only, but not accurate as the thermal calibration data is burned into the FUSE, and differ from chip to chip. At the moment only incorrect thermal information will be exposed to user space. The patch is lacking connections to cpufreq and cpu hotplug, but those could be added later, too.

Best regards

Dirk