Re: Problem with DNS lookup caching in reverse proxy

> Would it be a viable option for you to not use the DNS method, and
> instead do something like:
>
> <Proxy balancer://notsohotcluster>
>   BalanceMember https://backend1.mydomain.com:8080/
>   BalanceMember https://backend1.mydomain.com:8080/ status=+H
> </Proxy>
>
> ProxyPass / balancer://notsohotcluster
> ProxyPassReverse / balancer://notsohotcluster
>
> This will (probably) simply mitigate the DNS problem.

> --
> Igor GaliÄ?
>
> Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
> Mail: i.galic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you very much, Igor.
Indeed, your suggestion solves most of the cases where I encounter the
switch-over of the backend hosts.
However, this does *not* help in all cases, as this works only if the
backend is no more reachable and thus an error condition occurs. Sometimes
I just want to switch from one backend to the other without shutting any
of them. A working TTL in the connection pool or in the DNS cache would be
ideal for this.
Perhaps I have to open a new Bug report in Bugzilla.
Regards
Slawo.