Re: Filter or Handler to look at content length and return custom error message suggestion

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apache 2:
>
> I have a requirement to look at content length and if it is greatar
> than desired size then return error message. So psuedo code is like:
>
> if content_length > 32G
> then
>   if url contains /abc/
>   then
>       echo "0|abc|Bad length" # pipe delimited format that some
> clients api support
>   else if url contains /def/
>   fi
> fi
>
> I first thought of using LimitRequestBody but that didn't work for me.
> So now I am thinking if I can use filter or handlers. Does anyone know
> if I can use filters that is read the lenght and the url and then
> return the response instead of continuing down the chain.
>
> P.S. Note: Our requests are mod-jk requests. So if content length
> check succeeds then hand over the request to mod jk workers wihch then
> send it to jboss app server.

If you know this stuff is not chunked, you can do a simpler
post_read_request hook and return 413 from it.

If it might be chunked, it should be relatively easy to rip the guts
out something like mod_deflate's input filter and teach it to count
bytes / return an error.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx