Re: general module question

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 2:28 AM, Will <william.leonard@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was wondering just generally speaking if this would be possible.
>
> mod_php can only load a single php.ini file, but it does allow
> php_admin_value to set the values.  I wonder if I could make a module that
> allows you to add a directive to point to an ini file on a per domain basis
> and would parse that ini file and set all the values similarly to
> php_admin_value.
>
> -Will

I doubt it. php.ini is most likely read when the PHP interpreter is
loaded in each child. The interpreter is unlikely to be loaded on each
request, and requests are routed to the first available child, not on
a per-domain basis.

If you require different PHP settings per domain, why not just run
under fastcgi?

Cheers

Tom