Re: Freeing Seized/Frozen Laptop Screws

Robert L Cochran wrote:
I know this isn't exactly an AMD64 question, but I assume we all build boxes and along the way accumulated some expertise...anyhow, I have a Compaq Presario V5120NR laptop computer. The memory access door has two screws in it. One of these is captive and comes out part of the way. But the other one is in a recessed hole and it seems to be frozen solidly in there. My screwdriver is stripping some of the head off as I attempt to twist the screw out. I know, I shouldn't do that. Is there a way to get the screw unfrozen? Is there an ESD-safe version of WD40...or a lubricant that is safe for the electronics underneathe?

Thanks

Bob

Tried Break Free CLP ?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=840573