Re: Mouse pointer problem

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 21:59, Tamal wrote:
> Hi, I am using Fedora core 5 x86-64. The problem I am facing is I cannot
> see my mouse pointer. Although my mouse works fine, it seems like it is a
> invisible pointer. I can see my pointer in rhgb (RedHat Graphical Boot) and
> in text mode (gpm). This problem is for both root and normal user. Is it a
> configuration problem ? If yes, then how can I configure my mouse ? --

RHGB is supposed to use the same xorg.conf as your x server...
It sounds like the mouse pointer disappears when the X server exists which
happens with quite a few cards  combinations still. Try booting without RHGB
(press return at the grub prompt, then use e to edit the entry, e again on
the line with the kernel line. Remove the end of the line where it eays rhgb.
Then use b to boot) If that disables the problem you got a work around for
now (or you can update your /etc/grub.conf for it to be permanent)... File a
bug in bugzilla.

Peter.

--

amd64-list@xxxxxxxxxx