Re: opteron 146 thoughts on motherboards

On Sunday 08 January 2006 06:23pm, Robert L Cochran wrote:
[snip]
> I stand corrected over the memory, then. I've also changed my 3-pin PLED
> connector to a 2 pin configuration as suggested earlier simply by
> pulling one pin out and putting it in the middle position of the
> connector shell. I hadn't realized one can do that. Now my power LED
> works. I'm starting to wonder how to crimp those little connectors for
> other electronics projects.

Ah, that brings back memories...those days gone by when I used to make
thick-net cables.  :)

No, thank you...I don't want to go back and you can't make me do it.  :)

Realistically, it's not that hard, but you want to get the right tools if
you're going to do it more than once.  Years ago, I got down to 30 minutes
per thick-net cable, with the good crimping tool designed for those pins.

Any reasonable electric supply store will be able to help you, and show you
how to make the crimps.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Instructor