Re: Athlon 64, Memory Pricing

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 18:20, you wrote:
> I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but are AMD processors (and
> memory sticks, come to think of it) cheaper to buy after Christmas? Or
> will pricing remain the same? I assume that among you are experienced
> cpu snf memory buyers, and I'm always open to practical buying advice.

AMD lowers their prices usually only when they launch new chips. January will
most likely see the FX-60 and 64-5000+ launch. All existing models will be
adjusted down. But you're looking at the second half of January with possible
delays till mid february.

Memory isn't gonna change much either. DDR2 prices will go down a little, DDR1
should pretty much stay the same for quality modules. Low grade no name DDR1
modules will probably even go up a little.

In all, I don't think waiting will save you any reasonable amount of money...

Peter.

--

amd64-list@xxxxxxxxxx