Re: Asynchronous audio USB chips: choppy playback since 3.8-rc7

Hi Daniel

On 03/04/13 17:00, Daniel Mack wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On 03.04.2013 16:11, Michael Trimarchi wrote:

>>> This last one, doesn't give me any problem, just a memory leak and not a choppy
>>> playback (tested on 48Khz, 96Khz, 192Khz 32bit on OMAP3 device) and I don't
>>> think that it can be the reason of the problem.
>
> Is OMAP3 at all a platform that is affected by the bug? It seems the
> effect is only seen on some special host controller hardware anyway.

Yes, omap3 ehci and m2tech products is not affected and I'm testing a dac with internal clock.

>> Sorry the comment was for a bug that is not included in this list and recently fixed.
>> USB: EHCI: fix bug in iTD/siTD DMA pool allocation
>
> Sorry, you lost me. So what's the status of this issue now? Does "USB:
> EHCI: fix bug in iTD/siTD DMA pool allocation" fix it?

With or without it, I don't have any choppy audio and this is not a fix
of this bug.

> If not - and assuming you can reproduce the bug - which patches of the
> two I mentioned did you revert, and what was the effect of that? Did you
> try and remove both as well?

In my version I have the other two commits applied. I doubt that these two
commits are the reason of the choppy audio. What I can do, it test it on my
laptop tomorrow and send feedback result

Michael