Re: ALSA Multichannel through HDMI

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 27.11.2010 06:53, John Ettedgui wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@xxxxxx>
> wrote:

> don't think I
> reports that it

> generic_hdmi_build_pcms()
> patch and 2
> unlikely that it

> hda_codec_preset
> a 2.6.36?

> card was
> multichannel

> is good.

> multichannel DTS
> possible

> is is
> or
> playing games

> of

> sound
> but

> previous

> from
> all.

> advise you
> sure
> patch), and

> about

> it

> :)

> 0x1001
> found
> >>
> >> Hm, for some reason it doesn't try to use the intelhdmi module. Is it
> >> getting loaded? Have you run "depmod"?
> >> Does "modinfo snd-hda-codec-intelhdmi" show the alias you added?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Anssi Hannula
> >>

> > I'm sorry it's my fault.
> > I did not realize my patch was buggy, I had a white line and because
> > of it the last part of the patch did not get applied.
> >
> > Now aplay -l is fine, and I can use the hdmi again, but still it
> > defaults to stereo.
> > With a "default" asound.conf speaker-test won't allow for more than -c2.
> > I tried to add channels 6 in the conf file, but it made no difference...
> >
> > I will try your other suggestion.
>
> Did you have a chance to try that?
>
> There's no hurry, just making sure I didn't miss any message from you or
> something :)
>
> --
> Anssi Hannula

I finally tested it.
Results are soso:

-ALSA does not complain anymore about slave.channels 6
-speaker-test does not complain anymore about -c6
-my receiver sees the stream as multi channel pcm, not stereo anymore
-but whatever I try with the ttable config, I can only get sound through the
left and right speakers.