Re: hda-intel (ALC889) - sound loops/repeats continuously, and general brokenness

On 20.10.2010 21:40, Juliano F. Ravasi wrote:
>  Hello ALSA devs,
>
> (Cc'ing alsa-devel since looks like it can be a driver problem/bug, but
> still unsure. Need some expert advice.)
>
> I'm experiencing a lot of problems reproducing audio with an HD Audio
> "card" integrated on an Intel DX58SO mainboard. It happens only on this
> card, everything is Ok with another (USB) card.
>
> The most visible problem is that `aplay` plays only a small fragment of
> audio (less than one second), then hangs and the card keeps reproducing
> that fragment continuously in a loop, until killed with Ctrl-C. `aplay
> -N` progresses, but each fragment repeats 3 times.

[...]

As a matter of accident, I reported a similar bug to the Ubuntu
bugtracker just 30 minutes afterwards:

http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/664138

The error is not as bad for me, but it might be related.

Thanks,

Sören