Re: ALSA patch Nvidia 8 channel hdmi audio

At Wed, 3 Jun 2009 18:25:09 +0800,
Wei Ni wrote:

> Hi, Alan
>
> I reproduced this problems with speaker-test. The channels are wrong
> mapped.
>
> It's strange that if use mplayer to run, it looks ok.
>
> I'm looking this problems, and try to find the root cause.

Actually, from historical reasons, the standard ALSA channel mapping
for 5.1 is
    FL/FR/RL/RR/C/LFE
while Windows sets FL/FR/C/LFE/RL/RR.  If you play a WAV file assuming
the latter channel assignment, it will be played like that.

Does the nvidia codec support channel-slot assignment (verb 0x734)?
If yes, we can assign the channels freely to fix this...

thanks,

Takashi