Close down SJU?

In the latest of airport thrashings, a major newspaper in PR brought up the
issue of closing down SJU after a small plane crashed on the 15th in a San
Juan suburb. The article from El Nuevo Dia mentioned the possibility of
establishing the international airport at the old SAC base at Borinquen (BQN)
(fmr Ramey AFB). I personally think nothing will come from this, but it just
kills me that people develop and move close to airports only to bitch and
whine about the airport's proximity, specially when an inevitable expansion
is needed. (FLL is going through that now, MIA for years, even a gen av field
in Broward Cnty after a light plane went down in a nearby neighborhood).
DM