A tough question

Hi all,

I just had a call from a colleague at work. She has been asked to find some
material regarding the operations figures for civil airports across the
Globe, including number of operations, percentage scheduled flights,
percentage charters, school- and training flights etc.
She has checked the ACI (Airport Council International) Report, but this
'only' contains data for their 700 member airports. There are another 5000
or so small and large airports worldwide that are not included. Especially
datat for small and medium sized fields have proven hard to find.
Furthermore she needs data for military airfields. How many are there? What
size are they (in number of movements)? Who run them? Local governments or
international organisations like NATO?

She thought that a call to the local aviation nerd (me!) could answer her
questions, but I had to disappoint her. Can any of you help a young woman in
distress? ;-)

Rgds
Jan Broe
EKCH ATC