Re: Airline Travel Agent Commissions

From: "Scotty" <scotty@aviatsiya.ru>

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 10:23 PM

> To who ever wrote this
>
> > I'm not saying I never use travel agents. But when I do, air
transportation
> > is never the driving factor; I'm looking at things like resort trips
where
> > once I've picked a resort and a time, the air travel will fall into
place.

> But why do you have the need to go to a travel agent to book a resort
holiday?
> ALL hotels, ALL resorts, ALL motels, etc have their own reservations
facilities
> available, to which the consumer can access simply by contacting them
direct.

A good agent will know or find out about a good hotel or what ever - will
find a trip that fits you.  If you want 5-star they'll find it.  If 5-star
leaves you cold, a good agent will find a good 3-star.  And if they were
getting a commission they might stay on the phone for several days to find
the flight you need at a price you can stand.

Gerry K8EF

http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley/
http://www.geocities.com/gerryf.geo/eclipseindex.html
http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/pollock/263/egypt/egypt.html