Re: CONFIG_SUBDIRS defaults

On Mon, 7 May 2012, Christian Rössel wrote:

On 05/05/2012 03:07 PM, Richard Ash wrote:
On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 21:28 +0930, Michael Talbot-Wilson wrote:
Is there any way for the main configure, as generated by autoconf, to
automatically override defaults for options in the one invoked with
AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS()?  Or can it only be done by the user manually

Here is another discussion providing a patch:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2011-04/msg00006.html

Christian

Christian, thanks for your reply.

I hope there will soon be an Autoconf release with your patch
applied.  That's the easy way, as far as I'm concerned.

Background is that I'm working on a future release of GNU Sather based
on ICSI Sather which has Hans Boehm's GC in a subdirectory but has not
itself previously had Autoconf configuration.