Re: How to determine -rdyamic / -Wl,--export-dynamic flags?

 On 03/18/12 17:10, Paul Smith wrote:
Does anyone have a macro that will correctly determine when -rdynamic
and/or -Wl,--export-dynamic can be used?  I'm not using libtool but I'd
like my application to be built such that functions in it can be invoked
by dynamically loaded objects.

I saw http://www.mail-archive.com/autoconf@xxxxxxx/msg15247.html but
there was no definitive response... has anyone come up with something
since then?

I'd prefer to not invoke a test executable, to preserve cross-compiling.

Thanks!

Paul,

I think you're not getting a response because you're asking a lot. Without testing by running an executable, this can't be determined behaviorally, so your best bet is some sort of lookup. I would suggest you write your own macro, where you set the flag based on known system information, and barring that try some link-time flags and use one that doesn't generate any errors.

HTH,

Robert