Re: Seg fault / memory error with yum 3.2 on redhat 5.5

On Fri, 16 Apr 2010, Rob Moser wrote:

Sorry for the delay - I tried that, found some things that I thought
might be causing the problem, and fixed them, but no luck; yum still
gives me the same error.  Everything else that is non-standard looks
fairly explicable to me, but I'll copy the list below in case anything
jumps out at you.  But the process of looking at this gave me another
clue: running rpm -Va generated some similar memory allocation failure
messages, like this one:

prelink: /usr/bin/gnome-about-me: Could not parse
`/usr/bin/gnome-about-me: error while loading shared libraries:
libasound.so.2: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot
allocate memory'

I wonder if things could have gone sideways in an odd way during a prelink...

maybe consider doing a prelink --undo --all

?

prelink: /usr/bin/gnome-about-me: Could not parse
`/usr/bin/gnome-about-me: error while loading shared libraries:
libasound.so.2: failed to map segment from shared object: Cannot
allocate memory'
prelink: /usr/bin/gnome-about-me: at least one of file's dependencies
has changed since prelinking

It looks like you have a lot of perl damage here.

Have you been installing perl modules using CPAN and not using rpms?

-sv