Re: a dependency is not being detected?

On 10 Feb 2010, at 15:46, Fulko Hew wrote:

> So the question is...
> if its not installed, why isn't it being required/found as a missing dependency?

It is installed, just not in the right place.

You will find that the mrtg package provides perl(SNMP_Session).
This is a fault in the packaging of mrtg - if it has hidden (installed in an incorrect location) perl modules, then the spec file should not list them as provides, and should turn off the auto provides generation for perl or filter its output.

Report it as a bug against the mrtg package (ideally that and any similar modules should be stripped out of the package and built as standard rpm perl modules).

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]