Re: Issue with macvtap bridge and forwarding

I'm attaching a basic diagram for the topology I'm having the issue with.

Guest 1 and Guest 2 are both KVM guests.  Guest 1 is the network
router with interfaces to the LAN and WAN on the host.  Guest 2 is
just a regular KVM guest with no routing/forwarding; it shares the LAN
interface on the host.

When using macvtap bridge, all connections are routable *except* for
the green dotted line.  In this scenario, traffic coming from Guest 2
reaches Guest 1, but forwarding fails to happen.  The traffic never
goes out the WAN interface, and isn't being dropped by the firewall.
It's as if forwarding is off (except it isn't). Traffic coming from
the physical interface and up the tap never has this problem.  It's
only traffic crossing the tap bridge.

If linux bridge is substituted for macvtap, traffic over the green
dotted line then routes correctly and Guest 2 can reach WAN via Guest
1.  No other changes are required for this to work.