Re: How to give access to /dev/tty

On 2013/04/02 17:38, Guillaume Thouvenin wrote:
> Javi Legido <javi@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
>> I'm sure that if ou give 5 cents of exactly what do you want to achieve
>> somebody can provide a solution: connect from the hypervisor to the VM
>> through console? Administer the VM through a GUI? ...
>
> Hi Javi,
>
> I'd like to run an X server in the container. My GPU card has two GPUs so I'd like run run one container with access to /dev/nvidia0 and the other one with access to /dev/nvidia1. As I want to use X
> rendering I need to start an X server in the container and I will access to this server through TurboVNC/VirtualGL.
>
> The problem is that if I start an X server within the container by using xinit command I get the error:
>
> Fatal server error:
> xf86OpenConsole: VT_ACTIVATE failed: Invalid argument
>

> I think that I have this error because with libvirt, /dev/ttyX is a link to /dev/pts/X. Currently I only try to start X server on /dev/tty1 on my laptop without GPU but my final goal is to do it on a
> machine that has GPU.
>
> I hope that I give a more clear picture of my goal :) Regards,
> Guillaume

I haven't used x windows in my container.
If you want use /dev/tty of host in container.
Please have a try as below

cat device.xml
<hostdev mode='capabilities' type='misc'>
	<source>
		<char>/dev/tty</char>
	</source>
</hostdev>

You can use virsh cmd "attach-device domainname device.xml" to hot plug
this tty device to the container.

You can add the xml into configure file too.