Re: [libvirt] migrate qemu domains

On 2013年03月28日 20:06, Yin Olivia-R63875 wrote:
Hi,

I tried to migrate qemu domains between same two Freescale PPC platforms.

1) Migrate test domain from Host1(10.193.20.109) to Host2(10.193.20.181).
root@ppc-host1:~# virsh migrate test qemu+tls://10.193.20.181/system
or
root@ppc-host2:~# virsh -c qemu+tls://10.193.20.109/system migrate test qemu:///system

I waited for a while and finally got error message as below:
error: Unable to read from monitor: Connection reset by peer
I think debug log should be useful.
Exactly, when waiting (I guess during migration), the migrated domain is pasued on
both source and destination nodes.
root@ppc-host1:~# virsh -c qemu:///system list --all
  Id    Name                           State
5     test                           paused

And meanwhile, the destination domain is also paused when waiting
root@ppc-host2:~# virsh -c qemu:///system list --all
  Id    Name                           State
2     test                           paused

Finally, the migrated domain on source node is shut off.
root@ppc-host1:~# virsh -c qemu:///system list --all
  Id    Name                           State
-     test                           shut off

But can't find any domain on destination node any longer.
root@ppc-host2:~# virsh -c qemu:///system list --all
  Id    Name                           State

As I know qemu-system-ppc doesn't support live migration on Freescale PPC platform yet.
My question is whether it depends on qemu implementation to migrate qemu hypervisor with libvirt?
Ah, I think it needs QEMU's support. :)

>From the above experiment, it seemed that migration happened but not succeeded finally.

Best Regards,
Olivia