Re: Virsh+QEMU, SSH issue on compiled libvirt

Hi Shantan,

I believe the problem may be that libvirt 1.x requires TLS by default on connections. I saw that same problem the 1st time I replaces a running libvirt 0.9.x with 1.0.0. I believe there may be a way to turn off this requirement in libvirtd.conf, e.g.

#

# Network connectivity controls

#

# Flag listening for secure TLS connections on the public TCP/IP port.

# NB, must pass the --listen flag to the libvirtd process for this to

# have any effect.

#

# It is necessary to setup a CA and issue server certificates before

# using this capability.

#

# This is enabled by default, uncomment this to disable it

#listen_tls = 0

# Listen for unencrypted TCP connections on the public TCP/IP port.

# NB, must pass the --listen flag to the libvirtd process for this to

# have any effect.

#

# Using the TCP socket requires SASL authentication by default. Only

# SASL mechanisms which support data encryption are allowed. This is

# DIGEST_MD5 and GSSAPI (Kerberos5)

#

# This is disabled by default, uncomment this to enable it.

On the two instances of libvirt 1.x I have deployed, I just configure and use TLS. Instructions on doing this may be found here:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/TLSSetup

HTH,

Will