RE : RE : RE : error when call migrate function "error: invalid argument: qemuDomainMigratePrepare3: unsupported flags (0x200)"

De : Jiri Denemark [jdenemar@xxxxxxxxxx]
Date d'envoi : mercredi 27 février 2013 14:52
À : CLOATRE Loïc NRS
Cc : Michal Privoznik; libvirt-users@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: RE : RE :  error when call migrate function "error: invalid argument: qemuDomainMigratePrepare3: unsupported flags (0x200)"

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 14:26:08 +0100, loic.cloatre@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> These changes are made on both host, and are reboot: I still get
> loic@ubuntu:~$ virsh --connect qemu:///system  migrate --live ubuntuShared5 qemu+ssh://192.168.X.X/system --unsafe
> loic@192.168.X.X's password:
> error: internal error Attempt to migrate guest to the same host ubuntu
>
> Strange because uuid are differents:
> loic@ubuntu:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-uuid
> 564DD52D-5B13-D29E-5587-21698DE7C788
> loic@ubuntu:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-uuid
> 564DCBD3-022C-8EAF-C1BC-943BB22EE9B5

The hostname for both hosts is "ubuntu", which is why it fails. You
should assign distinct hostnames to both hosts. And ideally, both
hostnames should be resolvable from both hosts and lead to the
corresponding IP address. See
http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Migration_fails_with_%22Unable_to_resolve_address%22_error

[loic]
Success!!!
I change hostname of my target (sudo hostname ubuntu40)
And I modify my command as in link above.
-->
virsh --connect qemu:///system  migrate --live ubuntuShared5 qemu+ssh://192.168.X.X/system tcp://192.168.X.X--unsafe --verbose
loic@192.168.X.X's password:
Migration: [100 %]

And on target VM, I see migrated vm:
loic@ubuntu:~$ virsh --connect qemu:///system list
 Id    Name                           State
 2     ubuntuShared5                  running

Thanks a lot for help,
I hope this topic will help others!

I use libvirt-1.0.2.

> And to reply for a previous question:
> loic@ubuntu:~$ virsh --connect qemu:///system  --version
> 1.0.2

Michal asked for "version" command rather than "--version".

Jirka

France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.