Re: syslog messages after cd-rom removal

On 27/01/2011, at 11:27 PM, Guido Winkelmann wrote:
<snip>
>> If it's the guest, I'm kind of wondering if you did the "sudo eject" thing
>> before removing the virtual-cdrom, so the guest "knows" the cd drive don't
>> have any mdedia in it?
>
> Why should that be necessary? On my physical machine, I can just manually eject
> the cdrom, too, without saying sudo eject first, and the kernel will not be that
> confused by it.

Heh, for me, I couldn't manually eject the cdrom when it's in use, unless I wanted to get
a paperclip out and really force the issue.  Which then does lead to messages
getting sent to syslog.

Though, that was a while ago. ;)

You're right about it also looking like the entire virtual drive that might have been
removed too.