Re: FYI: Notes on setting up KVM guests using iSCSI

Daniel,

Thank you. I was misunderstanding how iscsi iSCSI Enterprise Target Daemon /ietd.conf work. I was setting up multiple targets with only one LUN each, and thinking I was creating multiple LUNs on the same target.

So right way to set up multiple LUNS for one target under Ubuntu Karmic using iSCSI Enterprise Target via ietd.conf:

Target iqn.2010-04.gov.blah.blah.blah.keeper:vmstorage
	<SNIP>
        # Logical Unit definition
        # You must define one logical unit at least.
        # Block devices, regular files, LVM, and RAID can be offered
        # to the initiators as a block device.
        Lun 0 Path=/dev/vg0/iscsi_pool,Type=fileio
        Lun 1 Path=/dev/vg0/test_pool,Type=fileio
        # Alias name for this target
        Alias VMStoragePool
	<SNIP>

<NOT>

Target iqn.2010-04.gov.blah.blah.blah.keeper:vmstorage.lun0
	Lun 0 Path=/dev/vg0/iscsi_pool,Type=fileio
	ALIAS LUN0
Target iqn.2010-04.gov.blah.blah.blah.keeper:vmstorage.lun1
	Lun 1 Path=/dev/vg0/test_pool,Type=fileio
	ALIAS LUN1
</NOT>

To add additional volumes, additional LUNs will need to be created on the TARGET side, and then exported via iSCSI

After correcting my Target side configuration, I was able to create an iSCSI pool through virt-manager, and see the two LUNs as available volumes.