Re: Fwd: Start contributing with Libvirt (Finding a mentor or helpful tips)

On 31.03.2014 23:43, Eric Blake wrote:
On 03/31/2014 10:00 AM, Julio Faracco wrote:
Hi everybody!

I sent an e-mail to Daniel asking about contributing to the libvirt
community for free.
So, I copied the e-mail to the libvirt mailing list as Daniel suggested me.
If anyone can help me I'd be pleased.

Welcome to the community.

I'd suggest starting off by reading http://libvirt.org/hacking.html and
http://libvirt.org/governance.html to get more of a feel for what
contributions involve.

Among other things, we prefer working in the open (keep the list in the
loop), which is why Daniel was right to redirect your 1-on-1 email back
to the list instead of answering you outright.

And if something didn't make sense, point it out - you aren't the only
new person, so we'd like to fix it to make it easier for the next reader!

- Can I fix a random open bug?

Sure.  There's plenty of bugs out there, but it may be easiest to start
with one that you can personally reproduce.

Just to give you a starting point:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&component=libvirt&query_format=advanced

Feel free to pick a random bug and try to fix it. If the bug you've picked is not easy to fix, just repeat the process. BTW: when fixing a tracked bug we find it very helpful to include the bug ID somewhere in the commit message, so we can close the bug later.

Michal