Re: Libvirt not able to attach console to VM on ESX hypervisor

2013/9/19 Eric Blake <eblake@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 09/19/2013 11:11 AM, varun bhatnagar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have started a virtual machine on my ESXi server. I was trying to attach
>> a console to it but when I executed the command I got a message saying that
>> *"Attaching a console is not supported in the current hypervisor." *Is
>> there any way (patch or something) through which I can attach a console to
>> my VM.
>> The ESX version is 5.1 and I am using latest version of libvirt.
>
> I don't know if ESX is capable of supporting a console connection; if it
> is, it is a matter of finding someone willing to write the patch that
> interfaces the ESX interface with libvirt.  Are you willing to take on
> that task?

ESX supports VM serial console access. I once started to implement
this in libvirt, but never got around to finish it. My Linux
development box and ESX test server are broken at the moment. I'll
have to fix them first.

--
Matthias Bolte
http://photron.blogspot.com