Please give the answer is very argent

regards,
Ayaz Khan

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Michael Hayes M <michael.m.hayes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi John,

Adrian is correct in saying that you need to specify anything in the pre section, because it's then that anything can be set.

If you put something into /tmp in the pre section, then before the pre section ends, copy it to /mnt/sysimage/tmp and then once in the post section, it will be in /tmp and available for you use.
Basically, /tmp from the pre section is no longer available in the post section (but it is available in a post section if you specify --nochroot).
What was in /mnt/sysimage/tmp is now in /tmp in the post section

Cheers

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: John Oliver [mailto:joliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 19 April 2012 15:05
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: Re: Can't get files to %include

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:56:50PM +0300, Adrian Cruceru wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I think you should do all processing regarding %include in %pre,
> anything in %post is too late to change %include statements (system is
> already installed).
>
> Regards,
> Adrian
>
> On 04/17/2012 03:49 PM, John Oliver wrote:
> >RHEL 5.4  In %pre, I can %include /mnt/source/isolinux/setup-questions
> >But if I first copy setup-questions to /tmp/ks-files/, I can no longer
> >include it.  Nor do my %include statements in %post for files I copied
> >to /tmp/ks-files/ work.  What's the deal?  How the heck do I get
> >includes to work???

Hi, Adrian.  I'm not sure what you mean by "it's too late"... it's an
include.  I can't include something in %pre that must be done in %post

And that doesn't explain why %include
/mnt/source/isolinux/setup-questions works, but copying setup-questions
to /tmp/ and then %include /tmp/setup-questions does not, even though
/tmp/setup-questions exists, is readable, and contains the exact same
code that works just fine when included from the DVD.

I have several kickstarts, and chunks of code that are common to all of
them.  I want to have those common chunks in one place, so when I need
to make a change, I make it in one place and the change will
automatically be seen by all kickstarts.  Just in case there's a
question of terminology here.

Thanks.

AyazPathan