append initrd=/boot/initrd.img blacklist=qla2xxx

Grtz,

Dirk

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 15:56, Allen, Jack <Jack.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kovacs, Corey J.
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 9:27 AM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: RE: How do I disable san/fiber channel connectivity at boot whenusing the RH/Centos 6 installer

Not sure if it's still useful but there used to be a 'nostorage' option you could put on the boot line. Then you had to specify what you wanted to load in the preamble of the kickstart file. Not sure if it's still there tho. For example.

device scsi cciss

would work for rhel4/5 and HP gear.

On rhel6+, you'd put

device hpsa

for the same machine since the driver changed.

Another option is to figure out what storage drivers get loaded for your hardware and explicitly unload them in the %pre section if the install, for example.

%pre
modprobe -r qla2xxx

There are other ways but these have worked for me. Also, make sure if you are doing kickstarts with FC connected that your SAN is set up properly and fibre switches zoned etc or you could end up with a bunch of empty luns across the san.

Hope this helps.

Corey