Re: driver (5.4)

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 12:47 +0000, tony.chamberlain@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Anyway I figure there must be a way either to have the driver image on
> a network somewhere that I can access, or build it right into the Cent OS 5.4
> installation disk.  That is, in the kick start file somehow specify
> dd=http:// or ftp:// or something, or create a new installation disk
> (which I have done many times before) with the additional driver (MegaSR)
> in it (which I have never done before).

There is a way to do updates in RHEL over the network, separate from
kickstart, by means of including the update into the TFTP data retrieved
over the network and appending to the initrd used by the installer. I
see that you're not using RHEL though, so you should ask your vendor
what they do about handling this kind of update.

Jon.