RE: RHEL 5.4 - kickstart from USB external DVD

Thanks, Mats.  That looks like it will work.  I haven't created a custom
initrd.img as of yet so do you have some preferred site with
instructions?  I'll feel very foolish if it's well-document in anything
official (i.e., RedHat), but just thought I'd ask before consulting the
Google... <grin>

Also, anyone else who may have encountered this issue with a
USB-connected DVD drive, please chime in.  Although Mats' workaround
looks to do the trick, modifying initrd.img is more complicated to
maintain.  Any bootloader option or other trick to force the kernel to
load "usb-storage" before its checks for the location of the ks.cfg
would be appreciated.  I tried appending "usbstorage", but to no avail.
(Thought I might get lucky since there is a "nousbstorage" option...)

Thanks,
Roger
</PRE><BR><span style='font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:#003366'>
This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contains<BR>
information from iDirect, which may be privileged, proprietary<BR>
and/or confidential. It is intended solely for the use of the individual<BR>
or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the original<BR>
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the<BR> intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email<BR>
in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or<BR> copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email<BR>
in error, please delete it and immediately notify the sender.<BR>