RE: Appending options with pxeboot command

From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Arvind Navale
Sent: 26 October 2009 20:15
To: Kickstart Group
Subject: Appending options with pxeboot command
Hi Folks,
I was wondering if there is way I can append ksdevice options when I execute pxeboot command. I am currently executing pxeboot command with below options,
pxeboot -a -K nfs:<IP>:<location of ks config file> -O <OS version label> -s ttyS0,9600 <Linux Client hostname>
I am looking to append ksdevice=<network instance number>.

The way i have done this in the past is to quote it in with the -K option which should deliver what you want, there doesn't appear to be any validation of the input so it will put everything between the quotes straight in.
.
ie: pxeboot -K "nfs:foo ksdevice=eth0" etc....

You might be interested in this...

RM Technical Seminars - Autumn 2009
Coming to a venue near you from 2nd November to 4th December.
Book your place now...

P.S. Think Green - don't print this email unless you really need to.

This message is confidential, so please treat it appropriately and for its intended purpose only. In particular, if it refers to any technical data, terms or prices not generally available or known, such items are "commercially sensitive information" within the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related laws. As it would be prejudicial to RM's commercial interests if these were disclosed, please refrain from doing so.

As Internet communications are not secure, please be aware that RM cannot accept responsibility for its contents. Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of RM. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please accept our apologies and arrange for copies of it to be deleted. For your information, RM may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications.

RM Education plc
Registered Office: New Mill House, 183 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SE, England
Registered Number: 1148594