RE: Kickstart upgrade package management

I got around this by modifying /.dicinfo in the iso image. There may be a more proper way to do this?

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Moray Henderson (ICT)
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:32 AM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: RE: Kickstart upgrade package management

Hello Hardik,

Did you get anywhere with this question?  I have just started working on a custom-CentOS-4.2 to custom-CentOS-5.3 kickstart upgrade.  My custom-CentOS-5.3 install only uses CD 1, but the upgrade asks for several others, so there are obviously a number of packages I need to remove somehow.  SELinux also seems to get confused, and starts blocking even more than it's supposed to.

Initial thought on stopping packages being upgraded is to remove them from the upgrade repository.  Building custom install images, if you run createrepo without those packages, you might be able to copy them back into the rpms directory before building your CD.  That should mean they are available manually in %post, but won't be picked up automatically.  Other than that, fiddling with the upgrade code in Anaconda might do it, but that sounds... complicated.

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"