Re: Repo on a cd

Ended up still being a bad repo line

On Jul 27, 2009, at 9:07 AM, "Michael DeHaan" <mdehaan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 07/24/2009 09:51 AM, Joel Schuweiler wrote:
Jason,

In anaconda.log it complains that it can't retrieve repository metadata when doing this.

Any thoughts? Anyway to get it to be more verbose so I can see where exactly it's looking?

Thanks,
joel

Did you run createrepo on the directory in question?

--Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jason Edgecombe
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:56 PM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: Re: Repo on a cd

Joel Schuweiler wrote:

I have a few custom packages I need to install. I would like to install them in the %packages section, not post.

Is it possible to specify a repo directive like the following:

repo -name=customrpms -url=""

thoughts?

yes, but it should be the following, assuming you're installing from CD:

repo -name=customrpms -url=""

The install media is mounted as /mnt/source or something similar.

Jason