RE: USB devices not being seen in anaconda during RHEL4 kickstart

I have, in the past, replaced “loader” in the initrd with a newer version when we needed newer drivers but wanted to keep our existing kickstart tree.  I would guess that you probably couldn’t use the loader from RHEL 5 in a RHEL 4 initrd, but I guess you could try.

From: kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Al Alder
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:26 PM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: Re: USB devices not being seen in anaconda during RHEL4 kickstart

Yep, I understand you have to stay with 4.7.
In addition to Chip's solution, you might want to
use the 5.3 initrd image on your USB stick and
you would have to modify the 5.3 initrd image to
specify your kickstart image instead of the 5.3 one.
Just something you might want to consider if you
have problems with Chip's solution.
Whatever you do that works, please post what you
did.