Re: trying to figure out why delegate will not resolve globs that do not match locally

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 22:59, Greg Swift <gregswift@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
last week i filed the ticket 96 (https://fedorahosted.org/func/ticket/96) and I've been meaning to write up an e-mail asking about it.

Does anyone else have a multi-level delegation?  We have it due to network security and also a mix of live use versus applications using func.  In all of our pre-deployment tests, we didn't really vary our hostnames to match the real environment (didn't occur to me), plus we used * a lot.  Now we've gone live and keep running into an issue where the only way we can talk to delegated minions is with the *.

I sat down today and started sifting through the code trying to find what was going wrong, but didn't see it yet.  Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow.  Anyone else's input would be great.

So.... 96 may be strictly a bad mapping issue.  I found that by enabling timeout in the mapper.py and the minion/modules/overlord.py I was able to get good clean maps on every lord, thus removing the inability to match anything properly.  yay.

However now I'm getting tracebacks in very specific situations (which I can actually reproduce rather readily) and am hopefully on the way to finding a fix...