Re: boot: linux text => "Could not find kernel image: linux"

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 08/07/2012 06:17 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 08/08/2012 05:43 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
>> Funnily enough downloading a 3.6GB ISO to answer a simple
question isn't normally my first response. Someone must know the
answer. In any case if the images are the same as you say (you've
done this yourself?) it's not going to tell me what the difference
is. Or indeed that there's any difference, and then the only way to
test that is to burn them image and try it. Which still doesn't
explain what's going on.
>
> Sorry to say that downloading 4GB of stuff to answer simple
questions is often *my* first inclination. Only because I enjoy
getting my hands dirty and finding things out for myself. Another
reason for doing it myself is actually covered in your paragraph
above. You've asked "you've done this yourself?". Sometimes, when I
see answers here, I ask myself the same question.
>
> So, yes.... I've done it myself. Because I feel "more" certain
when I do the work myself...
>
> /dev/loop0 619126 619126 0 100% /mnt/iso (LiveCD)
> /dev/loop1 3717164 3717164 0 100% /mnt/iso2 (DVD)
> /dev/loop2 603008 603008 0 100% /mnt/sq (LiveCD squashfs.img)
>
> FWIW, you *don't* need to burn the image. Like I said, you loop
mount it.
>
>
I cheat - I use Midnight Commander (mc) to open the image. Also,
instead of downloading the DVD image, you could have downloaded the
net-install image. But I guess that one could have been different...

Mikkel
- -- 
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and
taste good with Ketchup!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAlAhoz4ACgkQqbQrVW3JyMSJ6wCeLHRwdXCQVCyeowGxfTj8miWI
OoEAn3a7G5qyawWAXXLwjwwoMvyx55IO
=KxuL
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

-- 
users mailing list
users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org



Photo 4 Less

[Older Fedora Users]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Package Announce]     [EPEL Announce]     [Fedora News]     [Fedora Cloud]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Education]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Scitech]     [Fedora Robotics]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Infrastructure]     [Fedora Websites]     [Anaconda Devel]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora Fonts]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Management Tools]     [Fedora Mentors]     [SSH]     [Find Someone Special]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora R Devel]     [Fedora PHP Devel]     [Kickstart]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Centos]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Fedora Legal]     [Fedora Kernel]     [Fedora QA]     [Fedora Triage]     [Fedora OCaml]     [Coolkey]     [Virtualization Tools]     [ET Management Tools]     [Yum Users]     [Tux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [Linux Apps]     [Maemo Users]     [Gnome Users]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]     [Maemo Users]     [Asterisk PBX]     [Fedora Sparc]     [Fedora Universal Network Connector]     [Libvirt Users]     [Fedora ARM]

Add to Google Powered by Linux