From: users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of gary artim [gartim@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:35 PM
To: Community support for Fedora users
Subject: Re: NFSv4

2cents, cause I could get idmap'ing to work yesterday. I looked in all
the wrong places. I had a dup ipaddress in the subnet and idmap would
just show nobody for everyone. Doesnt sound like your problem. I uses
nis a while ago also and know nsswitch.conf or some such can change
the lookup ordering, could be a easy way to test using /etc/passwd vs
nis.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ahh....
>
> One thing that just popped into my mind.....  Again, recall that NIS is not in my
> memory.....
>
> When you run NIS do you have user names and groups and such defined only in NIS
> databases?  I mean, isn't the passwd files basically where only system users are defined?
>
> What were to happen if you had a situation where a uid was defined in passwd and in
> the NIS maps and a conflict existed?
>
> Possible?
> --

I am not putting anymore time into it right now, I just went backwards to NFSv3 until I have more time to devote to the problem.

Email addresses of ITT Exelis employees have  changed from itt.com to exelisinc.com. Please update your favorites and contact information to reflect these changes.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.