Re: Apport, mailing list, meeting

On 18.07.2007 23:51, Will Woods wrote:
>>> So, at this point, I'm feeling like this: branching off qa-list gave us
>>> much better Signal/Noise ratio.. at the price of reducing Signal to
>>> near-zero. So maybe we should move back to the older, more obvious way:
>>> QA tool development / planning: fedora-devel-list
>>> Testing discussion: fedora-test-list (later fedora-devel-users)
>>> ..because more eyeballs means more help.
>> Yes but it also means significantly more noise, I have +600 mails lying
>> around in my fedora-devel folder, I fear that pushing QA to -devel would
>> only cause our meeting and testing calls to drown. I'm planning to
>> unsubscribe from -devel simply because I can no longer keep up, the pace
>> of -qa is much more suitable, I also believe that our lack of mail
>> activity is due to the qa team being young and our PR sucking hard. If
>> we can sell the idea that women dig guys who do QA I think we'll see
>> more postings.
> [...]
>  Maybe we can get topic support for fedora-devel-list, so QA-specific
> stuff can be filtered into a special folder, but the rest of the list
> still sees all the messages..

Should be possible to define a QA channel on fedora-devel-list. That can
be filtered for locally as well (see for example fedora-package-annouce;
it has a "X-Topics: Fedora 7" tag, and something similar could be used
for QA as well).

But it is error prone if some people won't be aware to use the "[QA]"
tag (or something like that) for which the mailman filter will look out
for. But it should mostly work if QA-people add it in their replies if
the initial poster forgot it.

CU
thl