Re: GPL and LGPL not acceptable for Fedora!

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 16:34:48 +0200
> Till Maas <opensource@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > What if the code only says "see COPYING ", is it then ok to use the
> > version information from COPYING?
>
> I do believe that counts as documentation, and since unmodified COPYING
> is basically GPL+ that would be your license.

While this is strictly true I think the best action is to ask upstream
to resolve the issue by explicitly stating their choice in a document.

/me imagines an angry author shouting at C violation by Fedora because
we mark something GPL+ instead of GPLv2+ or GPLv3+